Sweet Olive, you're one month old and we couldn't love you more.
I am trying to soak up this tiny baby business because it truly goes so fast every single time.
Maybe it's because we've done this a few times before or maybe it's because you really are the sweetest baby, but you've been pretty much awesome at eating and sleeping so far.
You eat every 2-3 hours and sleep a lot...and are even doing longer stretches at night (usually 3- 4 hours, but last night slept for 6 hours straight for the first time!), which makes everyone happy.
You put up with lots of love and attention from your older siblings and seem to do well with lots of noise and chaos happening around you. :)
You are growing so quickly, getting pudgy little rolls on your legs and arms, and have already outgrown your newborn diapers and clothes. You look quite a bit like your older siblings, but have a look all your own as well.
We chose your name because of it's meaning--a symbol of peace as the Olive Branch, and we think it fits you well already (your middle name Maris is after the baseball player, Roger Maris, who wore number 9---and you are the ninth grandchild on both sides of the family, which perhaps also speaks to your ability to handle lots of commotion!)
You are a great snuggler and your little baby grunts and noises are so sweet.
We love you so, little miss and we love to watch you grow.
I had this bright idea to get a size 12-18 month outfit and have you take a photo wearing it every month until it actually fits you when you are a year old, but by the time I changed you into it this month, you were kind of over the photo shoot, although honestly, I think you're cute even when you're crying. :) We'll see if I actually keep this up until your first birthday and if I have better luck getting a happy photo next month.





No comments:
Post a Comment
leave us a comment..we love to hear from you!