holbrook-header
 photo home_zpsfvvlup2x.png  photo aboutus_zpslhmaua3u.png  photo ourshop_zpstwoiioqw.png  photo contact_zpsfdqpjruw.png

Monday, May 18, 2015

mother's day


 
Every year on Mother's Day, I attempt to get a photo and every year it never seems to go quite as planned. This year it was rainy and windy outside before church and after church the troops were in no mood for MORE photos. But I guess that is part of being a mom, right? 
Sometimes (lots of times) things don't really make a pretty picture. 
This year, in all honesty, all I really wanted for Mother's Day was a nap and on several occasions, I may have cried irrational pregnant lady tears despite all the good intentions of my sweet husband and kids.  I did get a nap though, and some very sweet cards and a book. :)
All this is not to say that I didn't enjoy our celebrating and feel so thankful for my job as their mama, I just felt tired (as I suppose is normal for an almost 30-weeks pregnant person with three kids). So maybe these are more realistic photos at what being a mom really looks like, but in any case, I am blessed and grateful for these three whom I call mine and for their little brother on the way. I am thankful for my mom and my mother-in-law who have shown me wonderful examples of motherhood, I am thankful for Justin's grandmas who I love like my own but I also miss my own grandmas who I know would have loved celebrating with me and my family now that I am a mom myself.
Life is busy and messy and sometimes the days seem long, but I sure do love them.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this post because it is so honest. I especially love the cuddled in bed photo!

    ReplyDelete

leave us a comment..we love to hear from you!

Blogging tips