My grandma makes the best gingersnaps.
After eating them at my sister's house a few weeks ago, I decided I needed to make them this week and let me just say, they are delicious.
After eating them at my sister's house a few weeks ago, I decided I needed to make them this week and let me just say, they are delicious.
Plus, an added bonus is that they make your whole house smell like ginger-fied goodness.
You should make them this fall...they're not exactly good for you, but they are oh so good.
I usually make a double batch, but here's the original recipe:
gingersnaps
1 C. lard (I used butter)
1 C. molasses (I used sorghum)
2 C. sugar
1 egg
1T. baking soda
1T. ginger
3 1/2 C. flour
Cream together butter and sugar, then add molasses and egg.
Add dry ingredients.
Chill for several hours or overnight, then form into balls and roll in sugar.
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes
I made a double batch since
1) they're good and you want to eat a lot and you can see I have little cookie stealing hands to contend with.
2) I put some rolled balls in the freezer to pop in the oven later for fresh cookies another day...my favorite cookie trick
1) they're good and you want to eat a lot and you can see I have little cookie stealing hands to contend with.
2) I put some rolled balls in the freezer to pop in the oven later for fresh cookies another day...my favorite cookie trick
3) what would I do with half a jar of leftover sorghum? I didn't know, so there you have it.
Tess is an absolute cookie monster and uses her "more, please" signs along with shouting the word coo-Kie! almost desperately until someone tells her enough is enough.





No comments:
Post a Comment
leave us a comment..we love to hear from you!